Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 30 million people and 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for Back-End Software Engineers to join our engineering teams.
As a Back-End Engineer, you will:
- Start building and pushing code in your first week and ship impactful features in your first few months.
- Build and support production services with high call rates.
- Target high availability for consumer and enterprise customers.
- Learn how to build infrastructure as code (IaC).
- Collaborate widely with internal teams to deliver delightful product offerings to our customers.
- Contribute to an engineering culture with a strong emphasis on documentation, testing, and user experience.
- Evaluate the systems and technology in place today while proposing systems and architecture that can scale for the future.
- Have the opportunity to mentor new hires.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2–4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Brings at least three years of experience in back-end development, ideally using Java or other JVM languages.
- Displays excellent software engineering fundamentals, including knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Demonstrates perseverance when faced with tough technical issues.
- Has some experience with AWS or other cloud offerings (GCP, Azure, etc.).
- Has experience building, deploying, and debugging production systems at scale.
- Cares about the end-user experience and strives to ensure high quality.